1. How can a balance be achieved between protecting privacy and meeting the needs of national security?
Balance can be achieved between protecting privacy and meeting the needs of national security by not giving out information to the public.
2. How did you react to the list of challenged books (were you surprised, for example)? Do you think some books should be banned or should books be freely available? Why?
I was surprised about the list of challenged books. I think all books should be available because in America there is freedom of speech and not everyone has to like all books that people like therefore people should be able to write what they want and books should never be banned.
3. How have your overall ideas about information ethics changed or not changed after completing this unit?
My thoughts about information ethics has really changed. I didn't know how much work went in to not only writing a book but all the copyright information and publishing takes a lot of time and detail. I will now start valuing this information a lot more and take time out to read it.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The trouble with privacy is that privacy laws have loosened over the last few years. Also, technology has made it much more possible to track what people do--on the Internet, on cell phones, etc. It's a difficult issue.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that there should not be censorship and books should not be banned.
If you value information more than you did before, I consider my class a success!