To find more information about Ocean Warming the first strp I took was going to the Library Catalog. I went to the library catalog because I believed that Is where I could fine a good source of information. When I recieved the information back from the library catalog I was not pleased. I found one source that gave me what I was looking for but decided to keep looking. The sources I chose all together were Academic Search Premier, Britanica Online, Google, and the Library catalog. I chose each of these sources because I believed this is where I could get my most valuable information from. Each step to find information I did the same thing. I made sure that my search was specific and tried to narrow it down the first stime so I would not have to keep searching. For my searches I used Boolen Operators steps because In the past My searches have been very successful using those steps to get the best information I can. To make sure I was getting for What I was looking for I looked at the title of each search to make sure it had at least some what information to what I was looking for. When I found a search that I thought had to do with what I was looking for I clicked on it to find more information. After clicking on that search I would determine if that was what I was looking for, If not I would move on until I could find the best information. When researching information about "Ocean Warming" I came up with these resources.
Library Catalog- Author Dowsett, Harry J
Title Bracketing mid-Pliocene sea surface temperature [electronic resource] : maximum and minimum possible warming / by Harry Dowsett
Library Has Internet version only
Publ. Info. Reston, Va. : U.S. Geological Survey, 2004
Edition Version 1.0
Acadenic Search Premier- Warming oceans are absorbing less carbon dioxide.
Source:Geographical; Mar2009, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p11-11, 1/4p
Document Type:Article
ISSN:0016741X
Accession Number:36857955
Persistent link to this record (Permalink):
Database: Academic Search Premier
View Links:Check SFX for more information
Current Event Database-MLA style:
"Ocean warming." Encyclopædia Britannica. 2009. Encyclopædia Britannica Online. 17 Mar. 2009 .
World Wide Web-National Center For Atmospheric Research. "Tropical Ocean Warming Drives Recent Northern Hemisphere Climate Change." ScienceDaily 6 April 2001. 17 March 2009 .
The two sources that I found the most information were from google "National center for atmospheric research" and Brittanica online. These two sources gave me the most information about Ocean Warming and I was Satisfied with the information provided. To narrow my search I would make sure I know exactly what I was looking for and use boolen to help me find what I am looking for since I have had a good experience naroowing my search with this operator before.
Two Questions That I have are..
How would the world be different if Ocean Warming did not occur?
What can people do to learn more and educate others on Ocean Warming?
Two additional databases I would use to complete my searches would be yahoo and aol. Like the other search databases I have found valuable information and have been pleased with my search results from these engines.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm not sure why you weren't pleased with your catalog results. I reproduced your search and think they're fine. Perhaps it's because the materials in the catalog are generally broad-based. Your category is broad-based already, but perhaps the details are listed in the book's index and not as readily available in the title of the book.
ReplyDeleteYour other searches look fine, although I don't see a disciplinary database.
You describe your process well and give a brief description of your topic. You have good questions, but your additional databases aren't databases--they're search engines. Examples of disciplinary databases are GeoBase or GeoRef.